ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR REGISTERED BENEFICIARIES OF TE KAPU O WAITAHA
As notified at the Hui-A-Iwi held on the 21st November 2023, the Board seeks to fill 1 Trustee vacancy. This vacancy is a full three year term commencing February 24th 2024.
ROLL OPEN TO REGISTER FOR ELECTIONS
To qualify for voting, you MUST be registered on the Trust Iwi Register on or before closing of the Roll at 4.00pm, 21 December 2023. Any registrations received after the roll has closed, will NOT be able to vote or stand in this election.
NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR ELECTIONS
Nomination Application Forms can be downloaded here
or emailed on request, alternately may be sent by NZ Post on request. Nominations must be received by the Board Secretary no later than 4.00pm 21 December 2023.
WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION FORM:
1. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. By post to: Te Kapu O Waitaha P.O. Box 220, Te Puke 3153
3. In person to the Trust Office at 2 Dunlop Road Te Puke 3119, Monday-Friday between 9.00am – 4.00pm. Note the Trust is closed over the Xmas period and re-opens, January 15th 2024.
An independent panel appointed by the Board will assess nominee skills against the eligibility criteria set out in clauses 6.5(a) and (b) of the Trust Charter. You can view the Charter on www.waitaha-iwi.org.nz. Only candidates whom the panel certify as meeting the eligibility criteria may stand for election or be appointed Trustee.
- All nominees certified by the independent panel, as meeting the eligibility criteria are expected to attend a Candidate Meeting at Hei Marae Tuesday 23rd January 2024 commencing 6.00pm – 7.00pm.
- At the Candidates Meeting, each candidate will be given an equal opportunity to present to the meeting and will be expected to remain to answer any questions from the iwi.
- In the event that the total number of nominations certified as meeting the eligibility criteria is equal to the total number of vacancies, no Candidates Meeting or election shall be necessary and the person or persons nominated shall be deemed to have been duly appointed.
By the Board Secretary
Te Kapu O Waitaha
2 Dunlop Road
TE PUKE 3153
(07) 573 5314