The Hakaraia Education Endowment was realised through the Waitaha Treaty Settlement Claim 2013 as a result of the wrongful acts by the crown against Hakaraia and land confiscation.
Our vision encompasses a quality of life for our beneficiaries in educatoin, health, well-being and cultural strength.
What we don’t fund
- Applications where the apllicant has already commended study/course
- Study where Waitaha iwi/beneficiaries are entitled to apply through Te Arawa Fisheries Trust
- Projects or services that do not meet charitable criteria
- Commercial and non-charitable organizations
- Purposes where local, central or other agencies would be the natural source of funding
- Groups where the applicants that do not meet the Waitaha registration criteria
- Individuals/programmes seeking sponsorship & recreation purposes
- Grants for Education activity/programmes/study that are outside of Aotearoa maybe considered on a case-by-case basis and only where the Board contemplates a high likelihood that the short term outcome will have a wider benefit to the iwi.
What We Do Fund
Must be registered with Te Kapu o Waitaha If you are not registered when you apply for a grant, you must complete a registration form.