The Trust Charter states that Trust election by postal ballot is to be phased out completely by 2022. In order to prepare for this, we will be confirming registration information through a mail out to all whanau. Electronic voting means whanau will need to have an email address, and cell phone to participate in electronic voting by 2022.
We will make sure that people have the right assistance and support to help put these things in place.
The benefits of electronic voting is;
- You are not subject to the postal system and the issues experienced in the past
- Puts the power back to the individual vote via their personal mobile devices
- Receive voting alerts to make sure you get your vote in on time
- You can vote at any time no matter where you are
- Increases efficiency for the scrutineer/Chief Returning Officer
- Is cost effective in the long run
We will report the date that we post out the information and requirements to you. If you do not receive your mail by a certain date, we would advise you to contact us on 07 573 5314 or email email@example.com. Don’t panic this will not get underway until Late January 2021.
(A point to note is that these changes were mandated by a previous postal ballot vote by the registered members of the Trust in 2019).