Expression of Interest – Te Kapu O Waitaha Cadetship 2017
The cadetship programme is supported by Te Kapu o Waitaha Trust as part of the education strategy. The cadetship aims to provide the opportunity for growth, learning and development for Waitaha youth.
About the Programme
- The programme is fixed term commencing January 30th 2017 ending December 15th 2017
- Cadets are employed as a staff member while they learn
- The Cadetship programme covers a variety of skills and knowledge development
- Cadet experiences are profiled to encourage other youth in their pursuit of training, and or career aspirations
- NCEA level 3
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft office word, excel and power point
- Ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- Possess good organisational and strong time management skills
- Maintain strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Committed to workplace best practice and health and safety standards
- Possess a positive, professional image and a iwi focused and flexible approach
- Be willing to work weekends and overtime when required
Making your Application
Please submit a letter of application, a current CV along with your personal responses to the following;
- What are your future career aspirations?
- Do you have any current/past involvement with Iwi? If yes please explain
- What expectations do you have of the cadetship programme?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Applications close: January Friday 13th 2017
Applications must be posted to;
The General Manager
Te Kapu O Waitaha
TE PUKE 3154
All applications will be assessed and shortlisted for interviews by 19th January 2017
Shortlisted applications will be interviewed on Wednesday 24th January 2017
Appointment of cadet
The successful applicant will be notified for appointment no later than Friday 26th January 2017
The appointed cadet will commence January 30th 2017
For further information please contact;